Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Change" at the mall!

I’m walking around the mall, and to my surprise, I find two pennies and a nickel!  This is my lucky day!  After finding these three wonderful pieces of metal, I walk around, pondering whether to go back for more happy hour appetizers at Applebee’s (I highly recommend the BBQ pork sliders), and it hits me:  I am essentially using some stranger’s money, without them knowing I’ve got it, and  will eventually use it to buy something from someone else.  In my case though, I’ll just leave some extra pennies in at a gas station, or something of the sort.  Nearly everyone goes to get gas, a coffee, or something in the convenient store portion of it.  In my case, EVERYONE actually has a chance of moving up in life, albeit a penny or two at a time, but progress is progress.

This whole thing reminds me of something else going on nowadays, with essentially the same result in the end.

  • Someone is taking somebody’s money, and claiming it as their own.
  • They are then spending it on something that the rightful owner would never spend it on.
  • They are claiming it could help everyone in the long run.
  • They agree these results may vary.

The moral of the story:  It must be OK to gamble with money that doesn’t belong to you.  Just don’t call it gambling, risk taking, or taking a chance.  Call it stimulation.  People seem to get excited about that.

-RR

[Via http://randomrobotrants.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment