Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Caucus Tonight

Tonight we hold our Caucuses in Minnesota. This will be my second time at a caucus.

The last being in 2008 when I sought the Republican Nomination in District 25b to run against our current Socailist err Democratic Rep David Bly. I lost out to to Tim Rud Mayor of Lonsdale, but I put up a good fight, learned a lot and found it an enjoyable learning experience. SOmething everyone should go through. My wife also attended that caucus and evetually the endorsng convention with me and she also learned a lot and was fgreatful for the experience, although she admitted she was happy I did not get the endorsement.

I was elected as a delegate at that first caucus and then elected as a State delegate, made a number of new friends and met a few interesting people.

As stated tonight we go through the process again and I have been looking forward to this. As this is where we really have a voice in picking our delegates to make the final choice on who will run against the current office holders in 25 and 25b. As I have met all 3 of the SD 25 Candidates (Kevin Dahle’s seat) and have been working with the only candidate so far for the HD 25b seat (David Bly currently holds) there will be some hard choices. I have talked to Al Dekruif and William Paulsen numerous times and like both of their chances, either onme talks more sense about Government, spending, taxes and business then I have heard from Kevin Dahle.

Our 25b Candidate is C Micheal Piper a very honorable, kind gentleman whom was once a Democrat! Is now a staunch Republican.  To compare him to Mr Bly does Mike an injustice.

Since this is an “off” year for elections it is omportant that we participate. Now many will not, yet they will piss and moan and bitch and complain. Yet they do nothing but that and my response to them “Is shut the hell up!!”

I recently read an interview with Alice Poluchova President and Ceo of CZ-USA , Ms Poluchova grew up under a Communist Regime and at 25 came to the US to work for CZ-USA.

She had this to say about Americans losing their 2nd Amendment Rights;

People seem to be content with larger government, and I think people in general need to take on more personal responsibility. If there is a loss of responsibility people will stop working hard, having no motivation to better themselves. This just creates ignorance. All of the open minds whom came to this Country [USA] built a magical nation. As this nation changes it is important to protect our rights. Even if half the society doesn’t seem to care, the rest of us have to keep our principles. I know that once you lose the freedoms you have, governments don’t give them back. Nothing was ever given to us for free.

Now I just read that the other day and it has resonated with and motivated me. I used to be one of those whom was “involved” only in voting and very little else. Attending my first caucus, seeking political office, followed by a run at School Board, has opened my eyes to the fact that we need to be involve din the process or we will end up with rights and privledges lost.

Tonight Northfield High School 7pm. Republican Caucus. Be there if you can and you care. Get involved.

If not. No whining!!

[Via http://freemadd.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment