Saturday, October 3, 2009

Things You Learn While On A Food Run

As some of you know, I work second shift, so I get home from work as 11 PM is approaching. By the time I decide I want to buy some food, all the “we deliver” places are already closed. So that means I have to climb in my car and drive somewhere.

My car radio is set to 610 WTVN and it doesn’t change. On my way to work, I listen to a small chunk of Rush Limbaugh. On my way home, I listen to a small chunk of a tape-delayed Mark Levin. Come midnight is that froot-loop Art Bell thing (I can’t remember off the top of my head the name of the show or the new host).

While that froot-loop show is majorly useless, it does have little tidbits of news-type stuff on it. Well, I was on my way to Take-out Smell around 0110 this morning since all the pizzarias were closed when I heard this unbelievable tidbit.

After only one day of Presidential decree or some other Administration-type malarky, it was rescinded. The “rescinded” part is good. The “decree” part is caustic. The “decree” part made it so school-kids could not send ornaments for the White House Christmas Tree that said “Happy Birthday, Jesus” or “Merry Christmas.” And that “decree” thingy was unbelievable and telling. (Unbelievable in that I wholly believe it, coming from this administration, but disgusting nonetheless.)

No comments:

Post a Comment