Tuesday, December 22, 2009

All Roads Lead To Montreal...Until This Chapter Ends, Anyway.

The view I'll have while finishing my book on New Years Eve 2010 in Montreal!

I think I’m finally getting this whole Montreal “thing” out of my system by continuously writing about it, about my return after five years away, and about the symbolism of the event, which is huge for me, like letting go of a chapter that was very painful and haunting, but at the same time special and cherished.

I don’t have all the answers, and perhaps that’s why I write – To get my thoughts out there in hopes that the answers will come, whether by the act of writing itself, or from replies to my work from other perspectives, which can both be life-changing to be sure. We can learn an awful lot from each other.

Have you written a book? How did the experience change you? How did you grow as a result?

I know that for me, whether I sell one copy or one million copies, I’ll be just as happy in the end, since I actually became a published author, and that some of the most important things in my life are right there on the pages for others to read and experience through my heartfelt words, humor, and ultimate hope.

Happy Holidays!

- Jeff Emmerson

[Via http://jeffemmersonmyautobiography.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment